- Your smoke detector goes off. The other day I was talking out loud to my departed mom hoping for a response. Next thing that happened was my smoke detector started to beep and then wheeze. Ordinarily I would think this was a symptom of a dying battery, but my psychic spot on my head ached at the same time. Our loved ones can manipulate things in the environment especially electrical or mechanical devices. Years ago, my Mom visited and a music box she had given my husband–a cute fire engine whose ladder would go up and down–began playing with no assistance. Oh, and the detector never made another sound after that.
- Your head hurts. As I previously mentioned, if you are psychically in-tuned, you may have a part of your body that announces the presence of a ghost or other-world-ly. Some folks get chills, others stomach flip-flops, my head will ache. My head will ache a lot if a spirit really wants my attention. I have a different head ache if a spirit is around that is negative. This is a good warning for me. The ache will also be present with the stomach flip-flop.
- The dog acts weird. There’s been some nights where this place has been Grand Central Station with ghost visits. Emma Lou seems to flow with whatever is occurring, but Sarah, my little sensitive, will pace the hallways, agitated.
- Intrusive, recurring thoughts. This could be your own OCD, or you have an intruder bothering you. If the thoughts seems foreign to you or separate, or even a negative running commentary, simply ask your new friend to take a walk. Sometimes, I have a need for cigarette. In the empath world, I am either picking up on my bff Wendy, or it’s one of my smoker departed loved ones. (I must mention, I don’t smoke at all).
- Seeing shadows. Not too long ago in this blog, I wrote about my aunt visiting. This was the second time I witnessed a shadow in front of me. The first was seen in a local seance when a healing ghost stood in front of me and blocked out the candle behind her.
- You hear them. If you are clairaudient (clear hearing), you may hear with your inner ear the ghost’s voice. (see #4). This is a great way to ask the spirit what message he/she has for you or to find out who is visiting and why.
Ghosts are just people in their spirit suits
If you have a spirit visiting, if it feels like friend or foe, remember, you are in charge. Ghosts are just people in their spirit suits. You wouldn’t let anyone barge through your front door. Create boundaries. Let them know what is okay or not okay. When my aunt visited and scared the socks off of me, I made it very clear that visits were nice, but not hovering over my bed at night. Seriously creepy.
In an amateur ghost investigation that I took part of, one of the investigators was psychically very open. Spirits love this. The ghost was holding her arm and not letting go. This wasn’t some evil entity trying to harm her, but someone very anxious to be known. BUT, this was scaring her and not very nice social behavior. In a situation like that, it’s perfectly necessary and acceptable to tell the ghost to back off and that it was not okay to do that. If some creepy guy wanted my attention at a party and grabbed my arm, you know I’d make my objection known.
Happy ghost visits.
Want to learn more? Sign up for the Talking to Angels and Ghosts class.