1. The goal of value evaluation is to uncover ways of _______.A. I. Reducing the expense of parts and materialsB. II. Enhancing the performance of the product or serviceC. III. Incorporating multiple cultural values in global system designD. Both I and IIIE. Both I and II
E. Both I and II** In worth analysis an attempt is made to reduce the expense and/or enhance the power of the product.
You are watching: A disadvantage of global teams for product design is that:
2. As soon as considering re-use issues for a provided product, an essential factor come take right into account is that product"s _______.A. Honest impactB. ReliabilityC. DurabilityD. Design for assembly E. Nobody of the above
3. Incorporating style for disassembly (DFD) ethics in product architecture helps firms with ___________ style issues.A. LegalB. SocialC. Re-useD. Reverse design E. Re-engineering
4. Creating for recycling helps facilitate ______. A. Reduced legal liabilityB. Compliance through regulatory environmentsC. Enhanced product reliabilityD. Decreased standardization costs E. Nobody of the above
B. Compliance v regulatory environments**Regulatory settings are increasingly focused on encouraging recycling.
5. One way to boost reliability is to: A. Improve component designB. Increase the number of service stations C. Rise mean repair timeD. Increase the number of dependent contents E. No one of the above
6. One means to rise reliability is to:A. Eliminate back-up componentB. Enhance preventive maintenance proceduresC. Boost mean repair timeD. Increase the variety of independent components E. No one of the above
B. Improve preventive maintain procedures**Preventative maintain leads to longer intervals in between breakdowns.
7. I m sorry of the adhering to is not a reason for redesigning a product or service? A. To reduce labor or material costB. To increase the level that employee satisfactionC. To boost the level of customer satisfactionD. To attract and also increase customer need E. To rise quality
B. To increase the level that employee satisfaction**A product or company redesign does no necessarily involve boosting employee satisfaction.
8. A disadvantage of an international teams because that product architecture is that:A. Customers may have various needs in various countriesB. The product designed may have increased marketability and utilityC. The diversity that an global team might be a detrimentD. Ease of face to face meetings is lacking since members space located all over E. Modern technology allows consistent contact with team members
D. Ease of challenge to face meetings is missing since members room located everywhere **If face to challenge interaction is required, worldwide design teams might not be a viable option.
9. Cellphones have developed from gadgets intended come place and receive call calls into handheld multimedia communications devices, yet in the eye of part customers these brand-new features make the phones less desirable. This is an example of _________.A. Durable designB. Rise featurismC. Sustainable designD. Quality duty deploymentE. Ingredient commonality
B. Climb featurism**Customer satisfaction isn"t strict dependent ~ above the variety of features a product offers.
10. One step that isn"t part of business blueprinting is:A. Eliminate borders for the service and also decide ~ above the level of interaction neededB. Identify and also determine the sequence of customer and service actions and also interactions C. Develop time approximates for every phase that the processD. Understand the time variability involvedE. Determine potential fail points and develop a setup to minimization them
A. Eliminate limits for the service and decide on the level of communication needed**Defining borders is a crucial part of service blueprinting.
11. The research and also development task which starts after optimistic research outcomes are available and do the efforts to revolve these results into helpful commercial applications is:A. Simple researchB. Applied researchC. DevelopmentD. RedesignE. Advertisement research
C. Development**Development is the conversion of used research into useful commercial applications.
12. The benefits of standardization include which the the following? (I.) The possibility to freeze design at a very early stage(II.) Fewer parts to deal with in inventory(III.) lessened training cost and also time(IV.) to buy is an ext routine A. I, IIB. I, IVC. I, II, IIID. II, III, IV E. I, II, III, IV
13. Products or solutions with a high degree of similarity the features and components are called: A. GenericB. Copy-catC. Rip-offsD. Product familiesE. Product/service matrix
14. "Must have", "expected" and also "excitement" attributes are category in the ____ model. A. Bi-polarB. KanoC. ParetoD. QualityE. Business Matrix
15. One possible disadvantage the modular style is that: A. Replacement and repair is much more difficultB. Fail diagnosis is an ext complexC. Variety of configurations of modules decreasesD. Separation, personal, instance parts lose their identities E. Inventory problems arise
C. Number of configurations that modules decreases**Modular designs do have the impact of reducing variety.
16. In the area of product and service design, the acronym CAD advert to: A. Conceptually proper designB. Computer system aided designC. Advertising applications designD. Competitive advantage design E. Fully automated design
17. Which of the following statements about CAD is not true? A. It rises the efficiency of designers.B. The uses computer system graphics.C. It requires a great data base.D. Some solution permit design or cost evaluation of suggest designs. E. The is used effectively by all production companies.
18. Which one of the complying with is no a element of successful product and service design? A. Be aware of what the rivals are doingB. Be aware of what customers wantC. Recognize what federal government regulations areD. Use computerized design techniquesE. Know what brand-new technologies space available
D. Use computerized architecture techniques**Computerized design techniques don"t necessarily bring about successful product and service design.
19. A software company is weighing whether to relax a brand-new version of its software. The firm can go ahead and release the variation now and also correct flaws with subsequent patches or upgrades, or it deserve to wait till the brand-new version is fairly bug-free. This is an example of _____.A. Life-cycle analysisB. Worth analysisC. VaporwareD. Concurrent design E. Style for production
20. Ideas for brand-new or improved designs can come from: A. CustomersB. CompetitorsC. Research and development departmentsD. Production departments E. Every one of the above
21. The procedure of dismantling and also inspecting a competitor"s brand-new or amendment product for the objective of gleaning design ideas is called:A. Design by imitationB. Product analysisC. Reverse engineering D. BenchmarkingE. Disassembly
22. The term ‘degrees the newness" is connected with: A. Average age of employeesB. Average length of time top top the jobC. Full years of business experienceD. Degree of style changeE. Average period of the capital equipment
23. The ax ‘standardization" is closely connected with: A. CustomizationB. High costC. Longer lead timesD. VarietyE. Interchangeability
24. Service architecture generally different from product style in i m sorry of the adhering to ways? A. Service style tends to emphasis on tangible factors.B. Over there is much less latitude in detecting and correcting errors prior to delivery.C. There is a lesser necessity to be conscious of competitors" offerings.D. Over there is much less visibility to customers. E. There is no difference.
B. There is much less latitude in detecting and correcting errors before delivery.**Often service architecture flaws are not uncovered until some customers have actually been served.
25. The structural technique for integrating customer requirements right into every element of product development is recognized as:A. Full quality managementB. Client satisfactionC. Quality function deployment D. Customer integrationE. A product advance team
C. Quality duty deployment **Quality duty Deployment bring the voice of the customer right into the product development process.
26. I beg your pardon of the complying with is an worry that developers must take right into account in product and service design? A. Legal, environmental, and also ethical issuesB. ReliabilityC. StandardizationD. Selection of operating problems E. All of the above
27. One of these is not a properties of a well-designed business system: A. User friendlyB. RobustC. Distributed computer system networksD. Cost effective E. Simple to sustain
C. Distributed computer system networks**Well-designed organization systems often tend to be user friendly, robust, cost-effective and also easy come sustain.
28. A formal method to record customer demands is: A. Customer surveysB. Quality function deployment (QFD)C. Focus groupsD. Delphi techniqueE. Sales/marketing matrix
29. Which of the adhering to is no true about re-manufacturing?A. Re-manufactured products can be sold at reduced cost.B. The procedure requires greatly unskilled and also semiskilled workers.C. There is much less depletion of organic resources.D. The produces high quality assets easily.E. Re-manufacturing is mainly carried out by tiny and mid-sized companies.
D. The produces high quality assets easily.**Re-manufacturing have the right to be a very complicated and i have lot of money process.
See more: Big Wooden House Doen"T Lock :: Life Is Feudal Lock, Life Is Feudal: Mmo
30. Which of the following is not among the phases of product design and also development? A. Point out product specificationsB. Conduct industry testC. Specify process specificationsD. Conduct style reviewE. Performance applied research
E. Performance applied research**Product style and development begins after applied research has actually been done.
thedesigningfairy.com is a web and mobile research platform the helps you discover things faster. Our mission is to develop a smarter world by simple and increasing the learning process.© 2021 Bold finding out Solutions. Terms and Conditions