Multiple an option questions.
You are watching: The more time that passes, the more inelastic the demand for a product becomes.
1.The price elasticity of need is: a) the ratio of the percentage change in amount demanded come the percentage readjust in price. b) the responsiveness the revenue to a readjust in quantity. C) the ratio of the readjust in quantity demanded split by the readjust in price. D) the an answer of revenue to a readjust in price.
2.If demand is price elastic, then: a) a climb in price will raise total revenue. B) a autumn in price will raise complete revenue. c) a autumn in price will lower the quantity demanded. D) a rise in price won"t have any type of effect on full revenues.
3. Complementary goods have: a) the exact same elasticities the demand. B) an extremely low price elasticities of demand. C) an adverse cross price elasticities of need with respect to every other. d) positive revenue elasticities of demand.
4. The price elasticity of need generally has tendency to be: a) smaller sized in the lengthy run 보다 in the brief run. B) smaller sized in the short run than in the lengthy run. c) larger in the short run than in the lengthy run. D) unrelated come the length of time.
5. If the price elasticity of it is provided of doodads is 0.60 and the price increases by 3 percent, climate the quantity provided of doodads will rise by a) 0.60 percent. B) 0.20 percent c) 1.8 percent d) 18 percent.
6. Mean we recognize that the price elasticity of demand of great X is equal to -1.2. Then, if that price will boost by 5%, we have the right to predict with certainty the a) amount demanded that that great will increase. B) the revenue of the firm developing that an excellent will rise by 6%. C) the revenue of the firm developing that great will to decrease by 6%. D) the quantity demanded the that good will diminish by 6%. e) none of the above.
7. A 10% increase in the price that movie ticket in Westridge 8 leader to a 15% decrease in the number of tickets sold, denote the need for movie ticket in Westridge 8 is: a) elastic. b) inelastic. C) unit elastic. D) have the right to not tell from the details given.
8. If the cross-price elasticity in between two commodities is 1.5, a) the two items are luxury goods. B) the two goods are complements. C) the two goods are substitutes. d) the two goods are regular goods.
True/False/Uncertain. because that each the the following statements, say whether it is true, false, or uncertain and explain her answer.
1. It is reasonable to expect the cross price elasticity of need for golf clubs and golf balls to be positive.
Golf clubs and golf balls room complementary goods. This way that, as the price of golf clubs rises (a hopeful change), the intake of golf balls to reduce (a an adverse change). Cross price elasticity of need is same to the proportion of these changes and also will it is in negative. The explain is false.
2. If the demand is perfect elastic, climate a change in the supply curve walk not impact the equilibrium price.
|True, due to the fact that a perfectly elastic demand curve is horizontal. Therefore, no issue what the shift is the equilibrium price will always remain the same. (See graph.)|
3. The need curve for autos is more elastic than the need curve because that Fords.
False. A Ford can be substituted by a different model. It is no as easy to find a substitute for a vehicle in general. The more substitutes a great has, the much more elastic is the need for that good. Therefore, need for Fords is much more elastic. 4. Mean you own a "Here come the Sun" demorphs salon and the demand curve for your services is downward sloping. Further, expect that a new tanning salon called "Sunny Delight" opens up two blocks away from her salon. Tell whether the following three statements space true, false or uncertain and explain her answer.
a. The need curve because that your services shifts to the right. This brand-new salon is a substitute for your services. After it has appeared, your consumer have more choice, and some of them will start using the brand-new salon. For this reason the demand for your services will decrease, or change to the left. The statement is false.
b. The need for your services becomes an ext elastic. One of the components determining the price elasticity of demand for the good is the number of substitutes. An ext substitutes - an ext elastic demand. The statement is true.
c. The cross-price elasticity that the demand for your services with respect to the price charged by "Sunny Delight" is negative. This two products (services) are substitutes. The cross-price elasticity that substitutes is positive, since as the price of one of them increases, the need for (and as such the intake of) the other one increases, too. The statement is false.
Short answer Question. 5. Originally Hans Johnson was the only customer in the sector for "Casa de Econ" beer, produced by a tiny local brewery. When the price the "Casa de Econ" six-pack varies between $10 and $20, the price elasticity the his individual demand is equal to negative 1. Now imagine that Hans has been copy 4 times, and also now we have actually 5 identical consumers in the industry for "Casa de Econ". What will occur to the price elasticity the market need in the price range given above? will the demand become more price elastic, much less price elastic, or will elasticity remain the same? explain your answer.
See more: Umineko When They Cry Episode 4: Alliance Of The Golden Witch Manga Volume 1
Since elasticity faces relative changes, the doesn"t issue how numerous consumers we have actually in the sector as lengthy as all of them are same. (If the quantity demanded for each of them alters by 50%, the would typical the amount demanded in the whole market will change by 50%, too.) so the price elasticity of demand will stay the same.